TheToolGeeks.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs. We may earn from qualifying purchases. (Learn More).
Inflatable pools are necessary for summers and need inflation because when kids jump around in them, the air escapes slowly. So, you have to inflate it once a week or two, depending on usage. But how to inflate? And what is the easiest method?
For this purpose, you must read this article thoroughly and learn other methods and precautions for inflating pools.
Jump To Page Contents:
Can I Use Air Compressor to Inflate Pools?
Using an air compressor for inflating the pool is possible because it is the most effective, easy, and quick way to inflate. It does not take much time to inflate the pool with an air compressor. So, it is possible to use an air compressor to inflate the pool.
Types of Air Compressors You Can Use For this Purpose!
Electric air compressors are best for pool inflation because they are lightweight and portable, and you can carry them easily. They are readily available in stores and online.
How to Inflate a Pool with an Air Compressor?
1. Set Your Air Compressor (Ready It)
Inflating a pool needs a heavy air compressor that is capable of inflating. Before inflating, assemble your compressor and other required things correctly and give it time to build its pressure up after building. (the battery-operated one does not take long to build up air pressure).
2. Locate the Inlet Air Valve at The Pool
Secondly, locate the air valve of the pool from where you will inflate your pool with the help of the compressor. There is no other port or hole, so you can quickly locate the air valve and locate it. !!
3. Connect Your Air Compressor With the Pool
Using an air hose, attach your pool’s port to the compressor. Buy an attachment in case your compressor does not have any. Connect air hose to the attachment. After it, connect an air compressor hose to your inflatable pool. Ensure no plastic is blocking the hose.
4. Turn on the Air Compressor
Turn on your compressor.!! Your compressor will start to inflate the pool slowly. However, keep observing whether the air is getting into the pool. While checking, be patient and wait until it inflates the pool until it reaches your desired state.
5. Turn Off the Air Compressor When You’re Done
After getting done with the inflating process:
- Turn off your air compressor.
- Unplug your hose from the pool and the compressor.
- Immediately close the air valve of the pool to prevent any escaping of air from the pool.
Inflating of the pool is done!!
How to Turn Off an Air Compressor in the Right Way?
After inflating your pool:
- Before doing anything else: Ensure your pressure switch is off ( to ensure it is unloaded).
- Turn off your compressor by unplugging it from the outlet.
- separate the hose from the compressor
- Then, open the drain valve.
- After emptying your compressor, let it dry
- And then place it in a dry place.
Best Ways to Blow Up Pool Other Than The Air Compressor
Using Leaf Blower
Hold your leaf blower to the inlet valve of the pool and simply turn it on. After it inflates, the pool turns off and blows down the hairdryer.
Can I Inflate My Pool with Vacuum?
You just need the correct attachments, which will easily attach your vacuum and pool air inlet valve. After attaching, start your vacuum, and it will inflate the pool. But make sure your vacuum is clean before that.
Inflate a Pool with a Bicycle Pump
A bicycle pump can significantly inflate the pool, and you simply need the same attachments before starting. This might take some time but can be a good idea when you have nothing else to inflate the pool with. Attach it to the inlet valve of the pool and pump it.
Using Large Bag
You can use the large bag by following these simple steps: open the air inlet valve of the pool and fill your bag full of air. Using your hand, make the small opening in the bag, just the air inlet valve. Push all the air in the pool from the bag by pressing the opening into the pool. And just like that, your pool is fully inflated!!
Water Bottle Method
Using a hairdryer, you can inflate your pool; you need a water bottle and hairdryer. Cut the water bottle and tape (duct tape) it with a hairdryer. Using small nozzles, funnel all air from the blow dryer into the pool. Turn it on after fitting them together and pressing it into the air inlet valve of the pool.
Using Electric Pump
You can use an electric air pump by following a few steps:
- Plug it in the outlet (if you need an extension cord, then use it), and attach the air pump to the pool’s air inlet valve with attachments.
- Turn on your electric pump.
- Inflate the pool and cover the air inlet valve before wasting any air.
Why Use Air Compressor for Inflating Pool?
We have discussed a few alternatives to an air compressor, but why is it always recommended to use an air compressor for inflating the pool? This is because other ways of inflating the pool are time-consuming and might tire you.
While manually doing it, you both affect your health and tire your hands. This leads to trouble breathing. The shop vacuum can also inflate but will require alteration, and it needs attachments.
Using any other method might take longer, and if your hairdryer has no cold air option, you cannot inflate it because you cannot use the hot-air side for the pool.
So, an air compressor is the best option because it is swift, quick, and not time-consuming. This efficient way of inflating will not be used for pools but will also be used for other purposes and make things easier for you.
Note: Do not over-inflate a pool with your air compressor with too much air.
Things to Keep In Mind While Inflating Pool With an Air Compressor
While inflating your pool with an air compressor, you need to do some precautions that will ensure safe and fast inflation of the pool without any mistakes and failure:
- Let your compressor build up pressure and then inflate your pool.
- Keep checking your pool so that it does not overinflate.
- Turn off that compressor on time before over-inflation. (Nowadays, there are automatic shutoff system compressors)
- Not being able to turn it off on time may rupture your pool or damage its material.
- No inflation when it is filled with water. It should be empty.
- Ensure not to have any sharp objects near your pool while inflating.
- Buy a home air compressor that can inflate or power other tools or objects.
Can I Inflate Pool Toys with an Air Compressor?
Yes, you can use an air compressor for pool inflation. This is because air compressors are capable of inflating anything. The air compressor can quickly and efficiently inflate bike tires, pools, mattresses, and truck tires. You just need an air compressor according to your requirement. This effortless machine is an excellent choice for powering tools and using them for inflating anything.
Summer pools are one the vital object because most kids love to jump in the water and have some fun. But inflating the pool again and again can be time-consuming. For this purpose, air compressors are a great choice.
But do you know how to inflate a pool with an air compressor? You simply need to let the pressure build up in your compressor, attach the compressor and pool using a secured hose, and start inflating. After it’s done, turn it off, unplug it, and put the cap of the air inlet valve of the pool back. Your pool is inflated!!..
How to inflate an air mattress with an electric pump?
While using an electric pump to inflate the air mattress, you need to follow a few steps:
- Lay down your mattress in a clean area with no sharp objects around.
- In mattress next to the pump it has a power cord
- Set it to inflate and open the cover of your valve
- Attach the nozzle of the pump to the valve and start inflating
- And lastly, after pumping without wasting time, put the cap back, and your matters are inflated.
How do you inflate an Intex pool with an air compressor?
While inflating the Intex pool, it is recommended to use a manual inflation hand pump. Ensure the top ring is outside the pool liner and facing up. You need to locate to ring and locate start inflation. It does not come with a hand pump. You can also use the regular air pump.
What is the easiest way to inflate a pool?
The easiest way to inflate the pool is to use an air compressor. The Air compressor has enough power to inflate the pool quickly and efficiently. Other ways are time-consuming but can be used when you have no compressor.
You can do this by these simple ad easy steps:
- Remove the cap of the pool’s air inlet valve and attach the compressor’s hose to the pool.
- After your compressor has buildup pressure, start inflating your pool and after inflating, turn it off.
How do you inflate a kiddie pool with an air compressor?
Using an electric, battery or manual operated air pump, you can quickly inflate the kiddie pool, and it won’t take much time. It is convenient and quick. Fill the pool from all the chambers (it has multiple).
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.